2013 National Championship – (11-12-13, Oct 2013)
The Techno 293 & RS:X National Championship 2013, organized for second year in a row by the Hellenic Sailing Federation in cooperation with the Nautical Athletic Club of Vari & Varkiza, have been successfully completed.
58 Techno293 athletes have participated in the 3-day event, which took place from the 11th till the 13th of October 2013.
On the 1st day, the light South West wind which gradually reached 8 knots forced the committee to complete only one race. Athletes have made intense efforts to reach the finish line in time.
On the second day, again the wind never came up as strong as the organizer expected to be. Light winds of 9 knots allowed only 2 races to be completed with both old and young athletes giving the maximum of their efforts.
Finally, on the third day, the Greek ancient god of wind “Aiolos” appeared in Varkiza Bay with an average speed of 14 knots and the gusts exceeded 19 knots. Three very fast races have been completed and the smiles returned to the faces of both the athletes and the organizers.
At the end of the day, more than 250 people applauded not only the winners but all the athletes and young guns of the class.
We would like to congratulate all the athletes who have participated in the event.
We wish to thank the Nautical Athletic Club of Vari & Varkiza for hosting once more the event and for organizing the race.
In total, six races took place, with the following results:
1. Arapoglou Andreas (Ν.Ο. Vouliagmenis)
2. Namias Sami (Ν.Ο. Vouliagmenis)
3. Arvanitis Theodoros (Ν.Ο. Vouliagmenis)
1. Tsortanidis Leonidas (Ν.Ο. Korthi Andros)
2. Doukas Faidon (Ν.Ο. Loutsas)
3. Vamvakas Stelios (Ν.Α.Ο. Varis-Varkizas)
1. Divari Katerina (Ν.Α.Ο. Varis-VArkizas)
2. Arapoglou Natalia (Ν.Ο. Vouliagmenis)
3. Karantinou Aliki (Ν.Ο. Vouliagmenis)
1. Kogias Xaris (Ν.Α.Ο. Varis Varkizas)
2. Divaris Christos (Ν.Α.Ο. Varis Varkizas)
3. Tsortanidis Petros (Ν.Ο. Korthi Andros)