The 2012 Techno 293 & RS:X National Championship organized by the Hellenic Sailing Federation in cooperation with the Nautical Athletic Club of Vari & Varkiza, which took place at Varkiza bay, have been successfully completed.
45 Techno 293 and 11 RS:X athletes have participated in the 3-day event, which took place from the 5th till the 7th of October 2012.
On the 1st day, the north wind which gradually reached 14 knots helped the completion of three races. Athletes have made intense efforts to get used to the arena. In addition, there have been many reclassification of the athletes’ ranking.
The second day was full of surprises for the athletes. The steady north wind exceeding 19 knots helped the completion of three very fast races characterized by high competition and intensity. Most young and new athletes have actually tested their limits.
On the third day, light west & south winds gave advantage to younger & lighter athletes.
These 3 days gave athletes a great satisfaction.
We would like to congratulate not only all the athletes who have participated in the event but their parents as well who keep supporting their efforts.
We wish to thank the Nautical Athletic Club of Vari & Varkiza for hosting the event and for the impeccable organization of the race.
In total, nine races took place, with the following results:
1. Koutendakis Evripidis (Ν.Ο. Vouliagmenis)
2. Souflis Leonidas (Ν.Ο. of Greek Seas)
3. Megaritis Dimitris (Ν.Ο. Vouliagmeni Residents)
1. Arapoglou Andreas (Ν.Ο. Vouliagmenis)
2. Georgariou Petros (Ν.Ο. Vouliagmenis)
3. Arvanitis Theodoros (Ν.Ο. Vouliagmenis)
Girls (U15 & U17)
1. Divari Katerina (Ν.Α.Ο. Varis Varkizas)
2. Karantinou Aliki (Ν.Ο. Vouliagmenis)
3. Arapoglou Natalia (Ν.Ο. Vouliagmenis)
1. Tsortanidis Leonidas (Ν.Ο. Korthi Andros)
2. Fragou Viktoras (Ν.Ο. Korthi Andros)
3. Zintzovas Iasonas (Ν.Α.Ο. Varis Varkizas)
Karvouniaris Ioannis (Ν.Ο. Korthi Andros)